Graphic Designer (Contract – 6 Months)
Duration: Immediate (37.5 hours/week – 6 month contract with the potential for a permanent role)
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Location: At 1dea’s office at 785 Sir John A Macdonald Blvd., Unit 5A, Kingston
Pay: Compensation based on experience
1dea Design + Media Inc. has an immediate opening for a Graphic Designer whose creativity and rational marketing aptitude can offer integral creative support to the 1dea team (pronounced “one idea”). You enjoy the process of creative problem-solving and have experience working on a wide range of creative initiatives in multiple industries and disciplines. The ideal candidate will be well versed in designing for web, print, logos/identities as well as a comfort in illustration. As a key member of the 1dea team, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining the quality of design throughout the entire project duration. Candidates will possess a trained eye for strong design, and a full understanding of graphic design fundamentals, typography, digital standards and illustrative treatments and is ready to execute projects of all sizes with resourcefulness and dedication.
Our studio is extremely collaborative and requires a unique individual who shares our design values. Our ideal candidate will bring with them their own inspirations and artistry when joining our team.
• Work with the entire 1dea creative team to produce impactful, innovative design that expresses the client and project objectives
• Owns all aspects of the design process, from creative inspiration, multiple concept directions, design and layout and production
• Create overall design direction for integrated marketing campaigns that span traditional, digital, and emerging media platforms
• Incorporate feedback from internal team members and clients to ensure work is in-line with overall briefs and client expectations and goals
Skills & Experience
• A degree or diploma in Graphic Design
• Minimum 2 years of post-university/college relevant work experience
• Designs for campaigns and brand carry-through (traditional, digital, and/or social)
• Design for digital, including websites, landing pages, email campaigns, online advertising and other digital products
• Outstanding portfolio showcasing innovative digital concepts and creative design solutions, including the types of work listed above
• Proven ability to independently solve complex design problems and generate original design concepts
• Laser-sharp attention to detail
• Understanding of the capabilities of HTML, CSS, WordPress and web browsers is an asset
• Skill and enthusiasm in MAC environment including: Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis in applications: InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop/Acrobat
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to be immediately adaptable to changing priorities with multiple concurrent projects
To apply, please submit your submit a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
1dea Inc. is simply a small and close-knit of team of individuals who truly care about the work we produce. And we work extremely hard to make it happen. As a full service creative agency, every day is different. We are inspired to create engaging and integrated brands supportive through web, print and innovative marketing campaigns.