Duration: Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
Anticipated Start Date: November, 2021
Location: At 1dea’s office* at 348 Bagot St., Unit 203, Kingston, ON
*working remotely may occur, contingent on provincial COVID-19 guidelines
Application Deadline: October 29, 2021
1dea Design + Media Inc. (pronounced “one idea”) is a brand and website-focused creative agency based in Kingston, ON. We’re seeking a Web & Digital Project Manager who’s motivated to lead our clients through strategically-minded new or redesigned website builds, while at the same time looking for ways to maximize their organization’s success through their digital presence. This opportunity is purely a project/account management position and no design or web development skills are required. Preference may be given to those with a strong project management background or project management certification.
Supported by a highly collaborative team of senior-level graphic designers, front/backend developers and copy specialists, you will be responsible to work closely with our clients to plan out digital builds from start to finish, while at the same time leading/coordinating with our graphic design and web development team.
The team at 1dea is extremely collaborative and requires a passionate individual who shares our creative values, innate attention to detail and genuine discipline to do what’s best for our clients. With 3 – 5 years of experience, our ideal candidate will guide us in the right direction to continue to grow our website, website support and digital business.
You will be ideal for this position if you thrive on being organized, are incredibly detailed and goal-oriented and aspire to push quality, creative thinking or better ways of doing things.
- Working with our clients and web development supervisor to plan all websites and other development-related projects, including conversion/user experience planning, sitemaps, prototyping/wireframes, SEO/SEM strategies, lead generation marketing tactics, navigation/content planning, features/functionality, proofing/quality assurance, troubleshooting issues and more
- Coordination and guidance with clients to obtain hosting, registrar and site integration credentials including cPanel, FTP, DNS, e-commerce integration information, 3rd-party marketing tools and mail configurations, where needed
- To be the lead coordinator, decision-maker and planner with our web development team to ensure we’re delivering quality websites within the time and scope established
- Implement and maximize the use of Google Analytics and other tracking tools, including developing campaign reporting, goal-setting, event tracking, search console decisions and setup/maintenance of tag manager on behalf of our clients
- Provide consultancy and strategic recommendations to clients for SEO/SEM, including coordinating backend technical audits
- Carefully manage and control the workflow process with our team and via our project management platforms
- Candidate may have some involvement (from time to time) supporting 1dea and our clients in developing email marketing campaigns, marketing funnels, paid social media campaigns and Google Ads, including strategy, setup and reporting
- Assist our team to grow business with our existing clients while also helping to uncover and on-board new business
Skills & Experience
- A degree or diploma in Marketing, Project Management, or related disciplines
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience. Working with key clients in an agency environment is a definite plus.
- 3 – 5 years of expertise in project management and digital marketing
- Advanced level knowledge of WordPress
- Background in user experience planning, inbound marketing, Google Analytics (including Tag Manager, Goals/Event setup), Facebook Ads Manager and SEO/SEM related tools
- Ability to remain solutions-focused and positive during times of urgency
- Laser-sharp and an innate attention to details, including timelines, work progress, updating clients and website needs
- Experience in coding is not at all requirement, but a basic understanding of CSS, PHP and HTML may be helpful
- Background in market research and conversion copywriting/optimization is an asset
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be immediately adaptable to changing priorities with multiple concurrent projects
To apply for the Web & Digital Project Manager position, please submit a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In-Office and Relocation
In this position at 1dea, it is our preference to have a candidate work in-office with the rest of the team. Priority will be given to those that live in Kingston or surrounding areas or are willing to relocate to the area. However, candidates working remote from alternative locations are welcome to apply as circumstances for remote working may be accommodated (evaluated based on the specific circumstances).
We’re currently monitoring the situation with COVID-19 and provide our team with PPE, social distancing, a detailed cleaning regiment and a commitment to keep client meetings virtual or remote at this time.
1dea Inc. is simply a small and close-knit team of individuals who truly care about the work we produce. And we work extremely hard to make it happen. Specializing in strategic brand developments, conversion-driven websites and custom graphic design, we continually exhaust our efforts to find creative solutions that leverage the best of our clients’ brands and goals for growth.
Job Type: Full-time